Wednesday on my run, I stepped off the new curbs (like insane half foot curbs in our historic city BLAH!) and rolled my ankle. Ended up with a sprain and a shin splint. I am sure the splint was in beginning stages because most runners get them, but the impact of hitting the pavement off the curb probably pushed it to the edge. My ankle is fine a few days later, shin is a still a little achey. I did Wii Active using the rebounder on Thursday, took yesterday off, and was thinking of trying again today. Been doing my flexing and rotations as per one of my therapy books that I collect for the heck of it.
Lynchburg College is ironing out last details of our schedules, and aside from switching times on two of my athletic courses and moving my history 102, I should be ready for the 11-12 year! One of my textbooks has even been posted so I have time to save! Principles of Athletic Training will be for my introduction to Athletic Training and we will be spending time in a real fitness lab similar to if one was getting stress tests etc done at a Dr. office.
Speak of the lab, we went there to do our basic fitness tests to see our improvements. I was upset to see I lost 3 inches in hips and triceps for the calipers fat test, but nothing in the thighs. You can use those calipers as a true number thought. Since my ankle was bandage up I wasn't sure I would be able to do the push-ups but I channeled Tom Holland and S90 and did 29 one legged push ups!! Better then my beginning semester of 21 with both feet. I haven't done the sit ups yet because they are timed and we were kicked out of the lab by a class at that point. I will attempt later with my gymboss. I hope I can increase sit ups by at least 1-3 reps. Everything else was the same.
Just going to enjoy the raining day today, get to a little workout later with rebounder and pilates.