Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Monday's Kickboxing and Denise

Yesterday did a new to me workout with Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Kickbox Challenge. I wouldn't say its high intensity compared to other workouts, but this workout is a fun. I enjoyed the simplicity and repeating of the combinations so that I could focus just on the intensity. Her cueing was a little off, however, and she mixed up the names of some of her punches and kicks. Despite that, she was very a likeable instructor on screen. I have only done her Cardio Sweatfest and Cardio Blast workouts before this. She cued a bit better in those if I remember correctly. I only did the cardio and not the body sculpting in this video.

To ease things off I the ball abs/legs workout of Denise Austin's Best Belly Blasters. I used to have all the individual workouts that make up the compilation but I don't use Denise's body sculpt workouts often, just her pilates and a couple cardio. I found it like a joint mobility/light rehab workout. She did leg lifts and some oblique twisting so I felt very loosened up afterward. I find he workouts good for this so that is why I settled on the compilations she put out for her lower body and abs dvds. I wish should would put one out for her arms workouts. She does have some pretty good arm routines even if they are short.

Well if I can get my butt in gear I will be doing the "Kickbutt" Firm-styled workout for Upper body to mix in my cardio/upper body. Just having a hard time getting a move on. Woke up in the middle of the night burning hot! It did get mighty warm during the night and now its full on thunderstorms! At least it should be somewhat cooled so I can opened my windows back up! Not even June and I had to kick on the air, scary thought.