Thursday, May 19, 2011

After a Rough Few Days I Pull Out of the Rut!

It has been a stressful week with trying to find lost family members (I found some but they won't respond to me on facebook) and grades. On the good note, grades were finally posted and I up kept the 4.0! The really boosted my confidence! Also since my husband is clean up crew for dorms, most of what is left behind is free territory and now I have a bigger screen TV in my living room for workouts :).

In addition to a big tv, I also found a wavemaster standing bag at goodwill for $35!!! So yesterday was my tabata inspired workout! One for kettlebells and the other for the bag!

with a 30lber bell!

Swings
Air Squats
Cleans R
Cleans L
Air Squats
Burpees
Jacks

With the Bag
Jabs
Uppers
Kick R
Kick L
Knee Strikes
Hooks
Backhands
Elbows

This morning was strength using Core Secrets Training Camp where i used 10lber weights and subbed my 20lb kettlebell for most of the moves. It is a very functional strength routine that doesn't tire you out, but you know you are getting those everyday used muscles worked. Although, it should be noted that Gunnar does not do a safe warm up so while he "stretched" I did joint mobility and dynamic stretch work. After Training Camp I repeated the bag work from yesterday. One of these days I have going to hit the hanging heavy bag we finally fixed! It is out on the porch so I wanted to get some good target practice in before I show off in front of the neighbors. ;)