Today's fitness lab was "endurance weight" training. Endurance training is longer sets with more reps and lighter weights (maybe 50-60% of 1 rep max). It was not recommended to go past 12 reps and it was instructed to do two sets of 12. I personally didn't go this route because some of the machines do not adjust to my size, so I cannot do the exercise properly. The run down went a little something like
Glute Kicks on Hip Flexor Machine 12 reps@300
Hip Flexor 12 reps@115
back extension 12 reps@70lb
squat/row on cable machines 2x12@70lb
seated back row 2x12@70
rope pressdown 2x12 @50
assisted pullups 6 reps@110
pulldown 12 reps @30
lateral raise 2x12@40
did 5 sets of pushups as per Hundred Pushups at the end and stretched out.
It was a trip to the doctor for the little one so my yoga workout was late, but at least it was done! Crunch Candlelight Yoga, led by Sara Ivanhoe, its a stretch yin yoga based program. The workout is slow, no sun salutations here, and the stretches are held for a very good amount of time. This is one of my more favorite videos, despite not being as into yoga as I once was, because you focus so much on soothing out the tightness. It is a very relaxing workout for something under an hour. It is certainly a favorite among most of my video fitness buddies!
That is about it for now, I am hoping to fit in a quick run in the morning but will at least get SOME sort of cardio in.