Despite me recording my food/exercise log at my fitness pal, I haven't ruled out a stretch workout yet. I hit the cable machines hard yesterday so I decided today a rest day so I would be able to run in the morning. I wanted to get one more run in before the 5K on Tuesday. It is a very informal college event at my campus. It's for a good cause (a fellow student killed in a crash, it is going to a favorite charity in her name in Africa), I get credit for fitness lab, and I get to dip a toe the events like this, to see if it is something i want to pursue in the future.
I did get 12 minutes of Gold's Gym Dance Workout this morning, then i cleaned most of the day! I even move some shelves around to clear up some space in the kitchen. I didn't record it as a workout, BUT I was all day doing this between a sick kid, class, homework/studying. I still did plenty of activity for the day and didn't get to sit down for long. I read the flexibility chapter for lab and realized that I shouldn't skip a short stretch routine everyday. Even a light warm up and 10 minutes would make the world of difference after tough workout, pain from former injuries,sleep, etc. I can do 10 minutes while watching tv, so let's skip the excuse of "no time" on this, flexibility SO important!