The day got away from me yesterday with exams and errands. I did manage my morning kettlebell workout but nothing beyond that other then walking. For my kettlebell workout i did unilateral circuits. doing the right side then the left 2 circuits each then ended with what I titled "the finisher" for 3 circuits 30 seconds on/20 seconds rest.
Unilateral
1-arm swings
snatch
cleans
suitcase deadlifts
halos
1/2 turkish get up
Finisher
swings
deck squats
back rows R
back rows L
This morning started with a moderate workout doing Kickbutt Crunch Time. The workout, made from the Firm founder Anna Benson, is a 40 minute mostly strength focused routine. These dvds do not have a set straight through routine for each body part; the workouts more or less integrate lower and upper body as well as cardio using light weights. They are also great boredom busters because it mixes so much variety. Like the old Firms, it has a mansion setting with nude statues and classical type music, some poppish and some straight classical.
This evening I tried a new workout i acquired called Steel Physique. I did the yoga with weights. It is not a far cry from other fusion workouts I have tried. It sticks with traditional yoga poses and vinyasa the only difference is adding some arm movements with weights. I felt more of a therapeutic side with the weights since it mostly hits shoulders(an area we can injure easily). The set is low budget but the instructor cues very well. It's not a must have dvd unless you are really into these type of fusion workouts.
Planning for the run in the morning. I am bummed because my style of running shoe is no longer available. This coming week (my spring break woohoo) I will take my New Balance 833 to my local running shop to see if we can find a comparable brand. They were the best shoes I have ever own but I hope to find a pair on par to say the same thing about.
Catch some zzzzzzz