Saturday, April 9, 2011

Great Run and More Trudie Yoga

What a great morning! I went to the streets to run today and did 5.15 miles. I am not exact on my time so i clocked 55 minutes which would be my norm, however, I didn't stop often or for very long so I am sure my time was much better. My pace seemed pretty consistent and I enjoyed pushing myself through the rough spots. The hills weren't nearly as bad as on the trail but I will get to those in time when I further my training.

Although I did some stretching when I got back home, I still wanted to add on another Trudie yoga segment. This time I picked the Total Body Yoga, about 22 minutes of flowing movements that focused on some deep stretching. It does repeat segments throughout but I did like that he and Trudie didn't hold poses like downward dogs for long. I like downward dogs but I am finding some yoga workouts hold them for so long that I actually get dizzy. The repetitiveness of the flow helped to loosen up so that every pose repeated go a little deeper and that helped stretched a little more.

Still studying a little chunk at a time so I don't overload. It is crunch time!