Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hi-Lo and Running-Hit the Goal

Yesterday I took a break from the same ol' and did a cardio video with Amy Bento Hi-Lo Extreme. I used to be a pro at these videos and they were my main source of cardio, however, times change. It is not that i was majorly tripping up, but I did miss a few counts here and there. I also did the quick NRG premix and one combo was thrown in there without a breakdown. It wasn't terrible though, as I remained consistent without taking a break. I really like Amy's floor cardio but for the life of me can't do her step workouts, but both are pretty challenging choreography wise.

This morning I hit my running goal! Now the next goal will be to maintain or improve that as I continue on training for the Virginia 10 Miler. I did 5 miles in 55 minutes, very consistent pace and didn't stop nearly as much. I took a pretty good long stretch afterward, I felt it much deserved! Yoga/stretch and foam rolling in a little bit, and since I made my goal I will not be doing S90 Legs tomorrow;I will try a lighter workout maybe along the lines of Kimberly Spreen's Amplify Your Strength Within or something of that nature. I don't want to wear these legs out as I do have a short run up on deck for Monday.

Back to reading Nutrition! Almost done with chapters for lectures coming up and started a very rough outline for our final project; hoping to start adding in bits of info before next class so I can share with somebody else in my group and see if they agree. It's been a great experience with this class!