Today was a long active day. Although it was a rough start to workout, I just hopped right in there. At first I did Cardio Barre's Intermediate workout. This is a quick paced ballet inspired workout with floor work. It is a very unique workout that is hard to explain, so it is best to check the link and watch the clip!
After Cardio Barre, I felt I could do some more cardio. I tried GSP's RushFit Fight Conditioning Workout. I haven't tried it before today so I didn't know what to expect. This is a very drill like workout lasting 5 "rounds" at 5 minutes each. In between each "round" you do a very short set of squat kicks and fist push ups. It is a tough workout that works on all aspects of MMA including ground work and combinations. George doesn't lead the workout, however, his trainer Eric does. George works along with other exercisers. The great thing about this workout was that Eric encouraged us to go at our own pace throughout the workout, even making it clear that slowing down or not completing the full set is not a bad thing. Modifications were also shown in the workout, as well as Eric pointing out the difference between each person. Since we are all different our form is going to look a bit different, we are not going to kick as high as the next person etc. It was a very comfortable workout in that sense and really let the home exerciser know that you don't have to be an MMA fighter to enjoy this workout.
We went tubing at the snowplex today. It is astroturfed snow they sprayed with water to keep slick for tubers, snowboarders, and skiers. Since I am a college student, I can get into the snowflex for free :). I should really get some more stretching in there today since I was more active then usual.