Friday, June 3, 2011

Still Firmin'... When I am Motivated to Workout

It's been a rough few days again. On and off with my workouts. Lots of factors come into play with this, but I still try everyday to make myself get on the horse. For the past two days I did short workouts with the newer Firms again.

Yesterday was Ignite Calorie Burn. This release has two workouts from the Firm Express Infomercial Set. The workouts are quite different then usual firm cardio workouts. The workouts are 8 seconds of cardio drills with 10-12 seconds rest with some of the Firm style weights thrown in. It is very HIIT like. I really like these workouts, as they are short but also more intense. The more intense the workout, the less guilty I feel about doing short workouts.

Today, after getting some sun, I did another Firm workout with Target Toning Zero in Ten. This dvd has 10 minute workouts (similar to 10 Minute Solutions you can even program) that have a focus on body spots. I tried the cardio segment last week and it was pretty intense, again very drill like. Today I went with upper body and core. Both workouts mix drill like cardio again, combined with that spots focus. The upper body had more weight work then cardio, and it was a very good workout for a such a short one. The core workout was more cardio and a mix of core work using weights for things such as lunge and chops.

I would give these new Firms a try if you like to go another step but are not ready for Cathe, Amy, or Turbo Fire Intensity. They are tough for your mainstream workouts, this could be a changing trend in DVD workouts. More intense for less price.

I am hoping to keep this ball rolling, even if they are short workouts. I have tons of other workouts to try from trading (also did at amazon and got a gift card for purchase above Firm and a few Pit workouts).