Friday, June 10, 2011

Ellen Barrett Weight Loss Pilates

This evening I bravely attempted a netflix watch it now workout. I usually don't have the greatest of luck with the watch it now ones; this workout would prove to be no different. Pick your Level Pilates just didn't click with me.

I like Ellen's personality on screen and she does cue pretty well, I just can't get into her routines. This one was good, but it seemed a little slow for my liking. It mixed a standing warm up (which I did enjoy as a joint/muscle flexibility segment), lying leg work, and mat work. There were 3 modifications of Level 1,2,3. Level ! was very basic and a the starting move and Level 2 and 3 build upon that. The level 3 modifications were pretty good with a lot of balance work, but the tempo of the movements was still a little awkward for me. The workout seemed to move slow, even though it was only a 35 minute video if you count the intro.

I am sure there are plenty of Ellen fans, and if you like Pilates with a different vibe, this would be good. It just wasn't my cup of tea mentally, although I do feel much more relax and stretched. I do have other Ellen workouts on the queue to try out.