What a packed day! I walked to the post office to mail out some sales! Afterward we went to 7-11 and I grabbed a cheese snack (they sell cracker barrel 1oz snacks). We got back home for me to start my workout!
First I did the Pit workout Twenties. This dvd contains 3 20 minute workouts (each with a 3 minute warm up and 3 minute cool down, it would be recommended that you add more on your own). The workout body consist of tabata/HIIT drills. The first few sets are set with reps in which you have to complete in the 2 minute time limit; you only get a rest if you can get through your reps quick enough! The last two sets are timed 45 on 15 off. There are two different circuits. Both use a heavy bag for kicks and punches (I used my wave master), body weight workouts and box jumps. Be warned that our coach John Hackleman does swear (no f-bombs but a few damn or two) when he sees his exercisers trying to "cheat", one fella was holding onto the fence while doing box jumps! The exercisers in this workout are extremely fit, but you can see their struggles to push through, so even though I missed a set, I didn't feel bad. When I get up to their caliber it will be different. This was more of a conditioning workout then the MMA drills I did with Rushfit. It was still a great workout though!
After the Pit I went with a Firm workout. I like the Firm because the intensity is what you make it to be, heavy or lighter loads. Today I went with the older, but still awesome Maximum Body Shaping. This was their more straight forward programs where you can go heavier then normal. There was limited combination exercises in this routine, but they did picked some good ones to use (squat overhead presses for one!) Time flew by and while I did feel tired, it was real easy to stay with it.
Oh I hope I am not to sore for a run tomorrow!
and to add, after doing the Pit workout and remember the Rushfit routine, I still have no remorse for letting go some of the cardio kickboxing dvds. I am going to use my books to come up with combos for the bag and learn more MMA moves.