Monday, August 8, 2011

Gotta Go with the Flow

Saturday spent NINE hours in heat helping friends move!!! That was one hell of a strength workout!!! Nothing on Sunday; I really wanted to workout, but I just couldn't, my body wouldn't let me.

Today I kept it chill with Trudie's Sculpt and Tone Ballet (my 2nd time doing it and I still enjoyed it!),then in the evening did Crunch Fat Burning Pilates with Ellen Barrett. I liked the fat burning Pilates workout. This workout was similar to her Burn and Firm except here we didn't use weights. The cardio routine was more like a ballet inspired standing Pilates mix; the routine was also a lot longer. The last 14 minutes of the 40 minute workout was matwork for abs.

Tomorrow we will see what it brings. I am gunning for just doing a fair amount of workout time as well as light cleaning. When our schedules get on track the my workout rotation might as well. I can't force myself because when I do I not only wind up not working out, but I also wind up overeating or some other destructive behavior to my health and well being. It's not ALL about working either, it's about being active. So "summer cleaning" out closets and reorganizing the house DOES count as activity; once I get rolling on that kind of chore I can go HOURS on one room! However, exercise should be melded in there somewhere too, just to condition and strength the body. Just some food for thought.