Saturday, August 6, 2011

To Reiterate....19 Days!!!!

Well the diet I managed to get on track. Thursday there was not a workout :( and yesterday I only managed to get to Fire 30 Class from Turbo Fire. Well it was nice to pull those workouts out again! Turbo Fire isn't "true" kickboxing nor is it high-lo athletic moves, but a combination with a touch of rhythm dance from the upbeat dance music. I love Chalene, some don't, but I think her upbeat energy helps keep the workout FUN so you can stick with it!

We are going from major heat to 80s, still heavy humidity, but now we are facing serious storms. With the weather being weird I am going to hold off on running, and instead try to ease back on track with some Cardio Barre or maybe lighter weight/cardio interval workout.

Nineteen days until my first day back at classes. I am scared and won't lie about that! I don't think there will ever be semester that goes by that I don't worry and put pressure on myself to be the straight A student. It is probably not that great for me, but all I want in the world is to be great so I can go places with my degree. My eyes are set on preventative and rehabilitation fields, but my option are wide open. Also if I keep my 4.0 and decided to go for my PhD (currently my school only offers Doctor of Physical Therapy but Physicians Assistant is in the works), I could qualify for a ton of academic scholarships and grants so I can go for it. That plan is something that is further down the road. No matter where I end up, I want to make sure that I am providing patients or clients (if I happen to work as a Fitness Director) with accurate and scientific studied/proven information about health! There is SO much out there that hasn't been backed up or has been altered/water downed/over-exaggerated that I want to be the person that helps another person find what is going to work for them to be HEALTHY and happy, not just a jean size (although we all know that helps too!)