Sunday, September 25, 2011
Fitness Is My Only Escape Right Now...
My husband was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. It is a sudden and rapidly aggressive cancer that he was healthy one day, felt he had the flu the next, and hospitalized within 5 days. The process is long, hard and I can't say I am not scared shitless. I am worried beyond hell what the outcomes of so many things are going to be (house, bills, his health, my health, my daughter's health). I managed a few workouts since the news on Friday, but didn't get to it today. Might get on the mat for Pilates or yoga. I feel a little better when I do just because the stress is tighten me up. My husband is currently in UVA medical center, one of the best Virginia has to offer. I have to take necessary steps to make sure coverage will take care of everything, even if we have to file his disability. He will looking at over 6 months of intense chemotherapy. I am so sad, angry, lonely, and scared. I have a team of people around me, but it's not the same as him coming home or calling me. He is insisting I still stay in school and finish the year if possible. It is so hard to focus, but going to try my best. I am doing well so far (aside from a few quizzes) and I have to use it for a distraction. I would never wish this one anybody, but I do wish it was me and not him.