Sunday, September 4, 2011
So Tired that my Tired is Tired
I am soooooooo tired! Between getting up at 5am (my daughter's bus comes much earlier this year) and just sitting for long periods READING (ironic from a major that promotes health and activity) I am just exhausted! I am making use of Coach Dos Cardio Strength Training workout because they are tough and quick. On other days I may do cardio or a Firm/Fitprime/Kick Butt Anna Benson workout. I am also taking to two days off a week (mostly weekends) so I can keep up on top of house work and extra stretching. Working in Athletic Training class makes me more aware of the awesome technical workings and healing of the body, and that has made more aware on how to handle my workouts. I am also doing a lot more walking on campus so that is a plus. Once I get word if my card is "accepted" for the gym (new policy we have to fill out forms and get accepted to use gym) I may take up some treadmill or cycle time as well. While intensity is awesome (and we get it with Cardio Strength Training), there is a fine line of overdoing it. I haven't been able to keep up with what I WANT to do (RUN!), but utilizing my new knowledge for cardio, kickboxing, HIIT, strength training. If anybody is interested in the text we are using it is called Principles of Athletic Training with William E. Prentice; older editions are cheaper and will have the same info whereas newer editions are more into the legal and responsibilities of athletic training. The book is good for injury management and rehabilitation, which what ATs do, but great for general knowledge.
Until next time I have 22 pages to finish and some stretching to get up on!