Saturday, January 14, 2012

So Far, Rotation has been as planned.....

Last Saturday did Power Pilates segment. This is a good set for the price ($14.99 at Target or click on link). The short Pilates segments focus on different areas of fitness from strength to flexibility.

Sunday-Cardio and Upper Body segments of 10 Minute Solution's Kettlebell workout. The workout actually uses a dumbbell for kettlebell style moves, however, I modified with my 20lber.

Monday-rest

Tuesday-Michelle Dozios Your Best Body Circuit followed with Marisa Tomei's workout, the 10 minute total body segment.

Wednesday-Xtend Barre Lean and Chiseled barre workout. This is a fabulous intermediate workout balancing between the small range of motion pulses to larger movements for a cardio effect. Later in the evening I did a segment from Yoga Foundations set. This is similar to the Power Pilates set, different instructor, but same format of 20 min. with each dvd having 4-5 workouts.

Thursday-Rest

Friday-Bob Harper's Kettlebell Cardio Shred. I know some may not be a fan and see this as another "bandwagoner" of kettlebell workouts. I have heard that Bob is into the Crossfit scene and is even working on certification for training in Crossfit, so it gives him some credibility. I thought this workout was awesome and was tough with my 20lber. So what that I took some breaks and even put the bell down. Quality over Quantity.

Today-Kim Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp. A little different interval by using weights during cardio and mixing in kickboxing and cardio drills (such as fast feet on step). It's not a super hard workout, but after Bob's bells, I needed something in between. To round out the day, I finished with Denise Austin's Hot Body Yoga, only doing the first segment. It's not a "true" yoga workout, no flow, just poses that focus on stretching and balance.

Tomorrow is a planned rest day, that repeat with a 2 days on 1 day off cycling through barre, cardio/weights, kettlebell/cardio. I am hoping this rotation will keep things interesting, different days off breaks the rigid monotony. Keeping it generic allows me to pick a different video to suit that days needs intensity wise. On evenings when I do not do a formal video workout, I try to stretch and foam roll on my own.