A nice weekend of not stressing over getting a workout in. Bittersweet that my hubby was able to come home for the weekend, but had to leave again. It is aggravating that nothing is progressing any further and there have been no answer as of yet. This can distract somebody from their goals when they are stressed about such a situation in life; although it was a late start, I still got the workout in!!
I did the Kettlebell Lightning segment from Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Lightning DVD. This particular segment was on the shorter side at just under 10 minutes. It combined the usual kettlebell snatch and swings with some bodyweight cardio like jump squats and burpees. Nothing overly different at least with this segment. It should also be noted that this moves a lot faster and without a lot of instruction compared with her other dvds. Do not attempt unless you have pretty well versed and experienced with kettlebells and probably Lauren's style as well.
Afterwards, I modified the Daily Solution's Bodyweight workout. Instead of the 2 minute runs, I did 30 seconds on the exercises (pull ups, squats, push ups, sit ups) alternated with 30 seconds of either running in place or high knees.
As for my eating, I did splurge with doughnuts and a buffet lunch (lots of green veggies and sushi though). The Daily Fitness Solution's Blog has a link for the No S Diet. This is a concept paired with my belief in lean proteins and veggies that just might work. No Sweets, No snacks, no seconds except on days starting with S or Special occasions (I would like to add NO SODA even if it's diet!!!). This is not a license to eat junk 3 meals a day, but good hearty meals with healthy, fresh options. I try not to snack, but sometimes I just need an apple or banana; that fruit is my only exception. It seems to be working as I have lost a lot of bloat and feel much better about my abs. I am sure the higher water intake and trying small activities (cleaning or just stretching) has a factor in it, but the simple eating tips have been pretty easy for me. Even having the weekend off, I didn't go crazy eating crap for 3 meals on a Saturday, but did enjoy food I might not otherwise eat and enjoy a restaurant that I don't usually get to enjoy often (but it's good food, freshly prepared. Only down side is of course it's cooked in oils, but sushi bar and hibachi grill gives health options along with their fab salad bar!!!).