Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 3! Back on Track and Keepng the Flow!!!

Today I went with a shorter Kettlbell workout doing Missy Beaver's Intermediate Workout on her Kettlebell Revolution DVD. This is basic, straight forward workout! She gives some pointer during the routine, but it's best of have some knowledge already. I do not recall if there is a tutorial section, but it does come with beginners, intermediate, and advanced workouts. All start with the standard joint mobility warm up, but there was no cool stretches after the workouts. It's an awesome workout, but note that because this disc is eco-friendly, it is not advised to put in laptops.

I followed with Daily Fitness Solution's workout of supersets of dips and chin ups. I used the band for underhand back rows for chin ups substitute. Rep range was 12-15, rest for a minute and kept going for 20 minutes. It got harder to keep in the rep range the further along in the workout. It's awesome! The bodyweight workouts, paired with slightly better eating habits, and intense focus on form as well as attempts to get in more activity/movement are improving my mood and I am seeing/feeling a difference in my mid-section. I don't/won't put in dedication to get the "six pack", but I like when my abs look average flat at least. The goal is healthy body fat range and to fit back in my jean and jean shorts :), but I am just focusing on re-establishing my routine and habits.