Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's been a bad end to 2012, bring on 2013

My last post, we lost power just as my husband was coming home after a transplant to cure his leukemia. Things were on the upswing until one day at the clinic, he had a rare reaction to platelet transfusion (some of his blood counts were taking time to recover so he was getting regular transfusions). This reaction caused a non infectious pneumonia, he never recovered and needed to be on a respirator for life. As per his request, he took him off life support and he passed away mid-August after 8 hours off life support, a mere week before I started my junior fall semester. I stayed in school, and did very well this semester. I am struggling now I am on break, but it will give me time to reflect for a bit and come back to spring semester refreshed and ready to reach my goals.

I have been doing regular workouts, no plan, but still doing something. During finals was a little more difficult, but once they were over I did well with sticking with it. it keeps me strong against the physical effects of the stress and grief. If I fall apart, everything will go down here. I still have a special needs child that relies on me to get her through. Trying to keep normal helps, I do break down every now and then, get myself together and keep moving forward. The loneliness hurts the most, a lot of people turned away after his death. I was faced with angry people who have guilt and took it out on me, and people I thought were friends, just vanished, even going as far as not even saying hi to me on campus. These are challenges I am trying to push through so I can finish school and have a good career that will support my daughter and I.

So I missed my kettlebell workout yesterday so I mixed it with my barre today. Off to spend that Christmas money with Viola. She did get quite a bit, but she loves her arts and crafts so time to hit up anyway markdowns and sales.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.