My am/pm workout did not work out as planned. I had to mesh it all in one long afternoon workout. It was a nice break to get away from the paper for senior symposium.
I went with workout #1 on Kettleworx Resistance dvd. It's a long circuit set for two rounds for 26 minutes total with warm up and cool down. I do not think the workouts are all that bad, but his form is a little horrendous for a swing.
My upper body workout took about 45 minutes to complete. I kept rest between sets a little short so fatigue was coming quickly.
assisted pull ups (with stretch band on power tower)/rear flyes @10lbs 3x12/12
push ups/chest flyes @12lbs 3x20/12
side leg lifts and knee extensions using a resistance band loop for both 3x25/20
chin ups/tricep dips 3x12/20
shoulder press @12lbs/lateral raises @10lbs 3x12/12
Arms are a little shaky, but in a good way. Delayed onset muscle soreness is not the enemy, you should shoot for some that way the body knows to adapt to the work and that is how the body grows stronger. You can always refer to my awesome Exercise Physiology textbook on adaptions. Very worth the read on bodily functions to exercise.
Back to senior symposium paper.