Yesterday was to humid (and hot!) for running. I did do an hour walk, but with the humidity I did not see myself doing a 3 mile run. For strength I did mostly abs focused
captain chair 2x12
Oblique crunch on ball 2x20
Back Extension on ball 2x15
Side bends with 10lb dumbbell 2x15 (each side)
wide bodyweight squats 2x20
This morning was bell/strenth
POWER
swings @20 3x12
Cleans @ 25lb 2x5 each side
Push Press@25lbs 2x5 each side
STRENGTH
pull ups 2x8
rear fly @10lbs 2x8
Step ups @15lbs 2x8 each side
Knee Extension with Band 2x10
Squats @20lbs 2x8
Hamstring Curl with 10lb dumbbell 2x15.
Suppose to work on speed and agility today in class. After my race this Saturday I have to really look into trying to find a place to do speed work. I want to improve my minute per mile time. I know my goal was race every month but $$$ and time issues that are out of my control are becoming a factor. I may keep training for the 10 miler race. I have already signed up for a 5 miler in July so I may take August off. If only the weather would let me be, I despise humidity.