A successful fall semester, except for a snag in an internship. Let's pray this goes through now as this is my last semester before I finally graduate. The job prospects are little low right now, but there is something bound to come through. I was running A LOT until an injury in November at a charity event sidelined me. Mileage and intensity has to start low again, but thinking of a new direction with running focusing on speed over distance. I tried some new things including Rachel Cosgrove's Drop 2 Sizes. I built my own workouts this months based on her format. I really liked her workouts, but I wanted to add certain exercises to strengthen certain muscle groups for running and rehab. A friend also hooked me up with a copy of the Cardio Karate set. So far I only tried one workout; it included lots of pull ups and push ups and not so difficult cardio moves. I admit my yoga has been lacking, so I need to get back on that train.
My strength breakdowns; I alternate Workout A and Workout B throughout the week with 2 days of cardio, which right now is something lower impact because of my ankle.
2 core exercises (I pick two cards from the Cardio Blast Fitdeck) 10-12 reps super sets with 30-45 seconds rest for 2-3sets depending on time.
Power-Workout A is push press and Workout B is high pull; both with dumbbells for 8-10 reps for 2-3 sets; weight and time pending.
Lower Body/Upper Body exercise rounds 30-60 seconds rest between each set 10-12 reps for 2-3 sets.
Workout A-Goblet Squats/Push-ups, Lunges/ Chin ups with the final round being Tabata of mountain climbers and kettlebell swings
Workout B-deadlifts/chest press, hip thrust/bridge with weight/back rows, glute ham raise using ball/shoulder press
I am drawing up next month's plan, some new exercises, but keeping some of these such as the bridge and glute ham raises. The general format will be the same for now as with only 2-3 sets it equals to 30-40 minutes workout time. I will also do 10-12 minute warm up. I always mixed it up with Fitdeck bodyweight and pylo cards, cardio only, yoga only, etc. Just how my body feels that day and what I need to do to prepare it to move. Cardio only is my least used option as it helps with heart rate, but doesn't prepare the joint for movement as other warm ups do.
Well that is it for now. My classes resume Monday and hoping to have everything done to graduate May 16.