Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Close the final year

Yesterday I did a Jessica Smith Youtube workout (link at right) which was only a 13 minute barre style routine. I had so much running around to do plus I have to prepare for my certification tests.

Strength workout today. Did a 5min warm up with fitnessblender.com, 41 minutes of strength, 5 min. stretch. I used protocol rest periods between sets except the unilateral movements where I did not rest until each side was done. For pull ups and push ups I did a 1 minute rest because they were the harder of the exercises. Swings were also 1 minute rest which is typical of power type movements. Everything else was roughly 30 seconds rest.

Swings @40lb bell 5x10
Squats @30lb bell 4x10
One Leg DL @30lb bell 4x10
Pull ups 4x6
Push ups 2x12, 2x10
Shoulder press @25bell 4x5
Captains Chair leg raises 2x16


Playing around with things to get what I can in the limited amount of time I am going to have. I hope my schedule will allow Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday runs. I will surely need evening yoga, even if 20 minutes, to help with flexibility, relaxation, and a minimal amount of extra strength. 

This is a challenge, but a challenge will help you how to solve the problems of prioritizing needs to fit all in. Block all the negative B.S. in life and continue to do what needs to be done for health, education, and future prospects. There is no success without some struggle.