Sunday, February 20, 2011

RUN/DANCE

This morning did a 2.5 mile run. I warmed up with a yoga zone 20 minute workout on HULU;it is a free site that has not only tv shows but some workouts as well. I did some additional joint mobility warm ups at the trail. I took the time on a nice, at least 10 minute stretch afterward. In addition to running around with errands I also did 22 minutes on the Gold's Gym Dance Game. I did all the instructional segments again, however, I noticed there is a "my workout" option that offers longer segments. The segments can run from 9-12 minutes (possibly more) and range from practice to advanced. Today I went with the practice segment, which opened and close with a non-cued warm up/cool down dance stretch probably no more then a 1-2 minutes top. The workout was pieced together with other segments, so for practice it repeated some tutorials as well as some new patterns. It was overall a good workout,the game reminded you about heart rate and we did a pulse check; I was pretty high up there for my heart rate.

After my little dancecapade, I stretched it out with Karen Voight's Yoga Focus(also under title Yoga Power)-Stretch Segment. This is an extremely well put together workout starting with much neglected upper body and works on down. I would say if you do any lower body focused workouts like running,dance or power-lifting then this workout would be excellent to sooth and stretch sore muscles. She holds the stretches for a good length of time for maximum relaxation. After this 23 minute stretch routine I managed some foam rolling for the sore areas. Another great workout for those that need to loosen and sooth sore muscles after tough workouts.

It will probably be an active rest day tomorrow with some pilates and/or yoga. I will certainly try some more Wii action but go a little on the lighter side or mix it up with the dance and boxing games.