Thursday, March 17, 2011

Run with a Slip in the Plans

Hey all, I am EXHAUSTED!!! Did another 3.5 miles run yesterday! Still did not improve on my time, however, doing well with consistency during the run; I am not starting/stopping as much and going a little longer between water breaks.


I have been sleeping well but wake up exhausted! I don't want to give up my current rotation (if I finished it would be the second one I actually completed!!!) but I am wondering if I am in the beginning stages of overtraining. I am wondering if I should at least sub the S90 cardio workouts for my own cardio stuff. The weights aren't bothering me and I am motivated to do them but I think the cardio routines (they are great) might be a dread factor.

I have tabata today and I have to make up ultimate ball b/c yesterday I got a screaming headache and by the time it went away it was 10pm. I had to finish some math work (test on Monday so I really have to study to try to up that grade) and although workouts should be #1 I had to get this done before bed.

Probably going to start subbing workouts except weights. The s90 cardio is fabulous! But it might be a tad much and my runs are more important right now. May 1st opens a sign up for one of the biggest race events for Lynchburg, I want to be able to 4-5 miles by sign up. It fills up quickly and the race is in September. So that gives me more time to improve my distance. I am not concerned with speed at this point; I just want to be part of this race. I would have like to have been in one in May/June but $$$ is usually tight b/c Viola is going to her camp again (its the last year and come hell or high water if I have to sell my entire dvd collection she is going!!!). But this also gives me more time to improve.

I feel like I am cheating the rotation b/c the point was do s90 but with some add ons but maybe the cardio workouts are just that intense that you don't need extra? But I think if I want to focus on running but still get my strength work it would be better if I focused on other cardio for non-running days?