Saturday, June 18, 2011

Not so to the "Plan"

Well I am not giving up aside from being sidetracked from the plan! I attempted Amy Bento's Kickboxing Workouts (I had three of them). I LOVE Amy Bento, but my kickboxing/boxing has taken a different turn. I choose drills over choreography and true to form combos over her fancy footwork. She has amazing workouts and she did a great job with them, I just need to go with the flow on my workouts. I have plenty of other basic drill only kickboxing workouts that I can enjoy without the guilt. I have them up on my Amazon Store (link to right). Collage Video and Total Fitness DVDS has some clips.

I did keep to the Amy Bento theme and attempt her Hi-Lo Dynamics. I only did combos 1 & 2 as I was running short on time. This take moves from her other hi-lo dvds (Hi-Lo Extreme and Hi-Lo Dome) and mixed them up into new combos. Amy filmed this one right after having her first child. She looks great and exudes awesome energy. I did the abs segment and I felt it a little short, although she did put in some good moves. I am not 100% on this one yet. I have to really give it a full shot before I make a decision on YAY or NAY! I do highly enjoy her other Hi-Lo workouts and refuse to part with them at this time.

Today I was suppose to run, but seeing has my husband is home from his work trip, he whined for my attention. POOP! but I still have time to make up some pushups, dips, and Pilates leg work I had intended on doing. I will just move the run to tomorrow, do my Pit workout/weights on Monday instead of a rest day. It will be a challenging week, but if I get through this week I should be okay to stick with the rotation.

I also managed to pull out 22 dvds to trade in to Amazon for a gift card. I am thinking of getting slanted risers with the card if they accept it at the quoted price they gave me. This would be useful with some of the Firm workouts I have (the BSS3 system with the adjustable box) as well as the leg work and other weight exercises I can do on my own using them. It is again relieving to get rid of the clutter. While I still have a lot of workouts, I don't feel as overwhelmed by choices. I should do this again in another few months if I haven't used more workouts by then, that or put them up for sale.