Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Powerless then Burn and Firm

Sunday night brought a wicked unexpected storm that did plenty of damage and knocked out power for over a day. I didn't get a workout in yesterday as it was nearly evening before the power came back on. I was also chasing siding of my house down the street and removing broken tress. I am fortunate that a tree didn't land on my house. The owner of the property next door has left the place abandoned because she couldn't afford to restore it, and hence so were tress etc. She was upset that a neighbor cut vines off the tree and hope that the tree would regain some strength and not split and break the way the one side of this tree did. Maybe since it landed on her house she would try to take care of the situation. Even if you don't care about your property, just know that tree swung the other way it would have been in my living room :O!!!

Well despite the drama I managed to get a workout this morning with another Ellen Barrett workout. I went with a Pilates workouts because I was still exhausted and my back was extremely achy since I had to spend the night at my mom's and sleep in a recliner(she doesn't have a lot of room). This workout, Burn and Firm, was under the Crunch brand. I liked this one much better then the others I have tried from Ellen. The majority of this workout was standing work that was more ballet inspired then Pilates. She called it the "cardio", and while I did feel a good sweat and heart rate going up, I would say more center barre work with use of weights. This was flexibility oriented workout for me today. I find workouts as such, really warm up the body and make you feel loosened up and more stretched. Some may find this a more of a challenge and others might not; I think it was very useful for flexibility. There was a very short mat segment (which also used weights) that did more Pilates style machine exercises modified to weights.

I am still a bit exhausted as I had to run some errands and entertain a child that is out of school for the summer and missing her dad (he is still away for a few more days). Just a *FML* feeling lately. Still taking workouts on a day to day basis. No real rotation, instead of just going by how I feel. This will hopefully pass soon.