Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Will There's a Way

I was up extremely early this morning after a freaky dream! I was still determined for a run so I took the little one and went to the college track! I completed 2 miles pretty steadily at 26 min. Still haven't gotten my speed back, but I only stopped once for a quick drink of water. Maybe I should try later in the morning runs because I did so much better after having a good breakfast and waiting. I just hate eating a good sized meal super early in the morning so I always break up my breakfasts into 2 mini meals.

I just finished on some flexibility with yoga moves, stretching, and foam rolling. I just finished Chapter 4 in my athletic training book that touched onto some methods of flexibility work. In addition to the stretching (ballistic, static, and PNF) they also mentioned the becoming widely popular, dynamic stretching. It also touched on pilates and yoga as well as the importance of foam rolling as a way to stretch muscle tissue (fascia) that normally cannot be done with standard stretching alone. The techniques will be in more detail later in the book. This is a very detailed text and it really drove home a lot of what people miss, flexibility training.

Working on a loose rotation to ease back into my workout. I might stick with flexibility on my own in the evenings. Breaking it up helps me get all I need to get in for the day.