Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sculpt Sweatfest

Well, that is the title of the video, LOL. It wasn't really a sweat-fest, but a great workout that breaks apart from the pack. Tracey Staehle leads Sculpt Sweatfest,is a workout broken into to 2 30 minute workouts. The first workout uses only very light hand weights for a brief period in the workout. It is very core focus for abs, hips, and upper back. The upper back movements employ the T-Y-W with the arms while squeezing the scapula. The second workout using weights, bosu (I didn't have one so I had to modify using a balance disc), stability ball, and a med ball for one workout. It had standing work and lots of balance challenges with planks on the ball, one leg squats on bosu etc. Both workouts were pretty core focused while the first used more Pilates inspired mat work and the second engaged it by balance work. I also found it very athletic rehab like since you work small muscle groups at lower intensity and use balance activities. Some of the moves were quite challenging for me so I either modified or took a break. You don't see to many workouts like this and it was a refreshing break from the same ol' "sculpting" workouts. I wouldn't even define this as a sculpt workout, but that is the title that sells. This is a definite once or twice a week light conditioning workout to work along side your heavier weight training.

I spent the early part of the day just cleaning the house.