Busy Busy! DD is in camp; I have been helping with their mid-day meals. It's has been hot and I have had a raging toothache (wisdom ugh!), BUT I have been somewhat on the fitness wagon. Aside from Sunday and Monday I have worked out everyday! I was really aching on Monday when my sister gave me a homeopathic idea, CLOVES! I wrapped whole cloves in a gauze pad, dampened, and put on my tooth. I have been virtually pain free since yesterday. It acted up a little last night so I repeated and again no pain. I know I have to get that tooth pulled, but it will cost me nearly $150 up front :(. It is not infected or anything, just annoying. Hanging in there until I can get that fee. OH and we tried looking up dental schools in our area, they won't do any extractions, just cleanings and general care. Good to now on regular visits, but not in emergencies.
Yesterday I did a fun dance workout with Hemalayaa Bollywood Booty. This was a fun routine and you better not take yourself seriously! The moves do not have to look professional and you can look goofy, but move and have fun is the motto. The workout has chaptered segments to pick and choose or a play all option! Chapters also include a warm up light dance and a cool down stretch. Very complete!
I followed that with a new workout I found dirt cheap, Trudie Styler's Pure Sculpt. There are 6 segments 10 minutes each. Two for core, two for lower body, and two for upper body. I only did the first core segment! What a great mat routine! I like her yoga workouts and enjoyed her cardio dance (again don't strive for perfection just enjoy the feeling!); I was hoping to like this one and so far I enjoyed it. Yes the lead, James D'Silva, will bore you with his repeating breathing patterns (breath in lift leg breath out lower) for all the reps, but I did like that reminder. Pilates and yoga you need to focus on breath work as well as the movements so I find the repetitiveness worth it for this routine. It is a very unique twist on Pilates movements and it is repetitive, but it also loosens up and give you "the burn" in the core. It is almost non-stop movement so beginners may want to watch and only do what they can do until they reach that fitness level.
I may add the other core on today and a lower body one. I am just finishing up some coffee and need some breakfast before I partake in anything else right now LOL. So happy my tooth is better! Teeth health are so important and it effects other ares of your life and even your health! So please make sure you get them looked at! Also because I am a former smoker, I wanted to add that some of my dental issues are stemmed from my years of tobacco inhaling and not proper flossing and cleanings. So if you kiddos think smoking is cool, look up periodontal disease and let them stew on those pictures for a while :). Smoking is the leading cause of periodontal and receding gums.