Monday, December 31, 2012

Power Yoga

Instead of trying to force myself into a cardio or bell workout, I went with a power yoga workout. I tried Bob Harper's Yoga for Warriors for the first time (despite having it for at least a year :/ ). It was a strength and balance focused workout, with some advanced moves that I would not recommend doing the first time through. I have been out of the power yoga game for awhile so this was fairly difficult to keep the poses. More advanced home yogis might like the challenging poses, but some parts may seem standard. The music can be distracting as it's loud and fast paced, not the usual soft music most yoga workouts have; it wasn't the deal breaker for me though. Bob is good with his pointers and cues; he reminds us to stay in the moment and not worry about what to do next. I really enjoyed it and wasn't even watching the clock. Most longer yoga workouts bore me, but this one was a bit different.

I haven't decided what to do for tomorrow since I missed workouts this week. My schedule says stretch for tomorrow, but I will keep an open mind for cardio or more power yoga, It all depends on how I feel after staying up late.  Ready to kick 2012 to the curb and hope for positive things in 2013.