Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stretch and Stretch

Last night I popped in Expendables 2 and pulled out some fitdeck cards for relaxing workout. I mish mashed yoga, pilates, and stretch for 63 minutes. Since I plan on going out for another run tomorrow (unless it rains), I wanted more stretching. I found The Method 3 Pack workout at Roses for $7, so I did the Firming/Flexing workout. It's divided into 3 segments, although the "upper body" segment doesn't seem to have much for upper body flexibility. It's a calming set with a harp player and drummer lightly tapping in the background. I notice this with most of the Method's workouts and the live music fits well with the workouts. The lead, Lakey Evans, has a calm voice and moves slowly through the movements. Lisa Wheeler in the background must have been the choreographer because she kept moving into the next pose a little early and wasn't in sync with the others in the larger "class". It wasn't a distraction, just something I picked up on.

So my plan for the morning is to do another mish mash of fitdeck cards and dynamic stretching, then head to the campus track for a run.