So my race went so so yesterday. 33:33 is not a bad time, but considering I struggled with the hills, if I walked less I may have made 29-30 minutes. Thinking for now I may use the campus track for speed work because it's the safest place and its all ore-measured for me.
With all I am learning in Strength and Conditioning, I am going to try to implement those principles in my workouts. Plyometrics do not have to be performed extra fast (unless you are really trained) nor for every long. 1-3 x a week with improvements in neural force production in 4 weeks. This morning I pulled out my Fitdecks and did a short plyometric workout.
X-drills 4x10
Box Run 2x10
Box Shuffle 2x10
and added in side to side crunch 3x20.
Maybe do some cardio later and I want to improve my cardiovascular fitness without over running causing injury and imbalances.
Have a great Sunday!