Monday, July 14, 2014

Playing around with Look, Monday, Monday

Saturday did a 5.5 mile run. It has been hella hot and humid so it was a tough run, but made it.

Today was a mini victory. I did a run around the block (1.5 m) and managed to make it up the hill towards home. I walked the 1.5 mile then ran the return trip making sure I was going to hit that hill (hill sprints were on for today, but I couldn't make it to campus). It was hard I wanted to quit. My legs ached so bad and my lungs were on fire, but I didn't stop until I hit my driveway!!! I am going to try that again because it sucked so bad, but I did it!!

This evening I did RKS #9 which did 15 min AMARP clean and press ladders 1,2,3,4. I managed 7 rounds. The remainder of the workout was two sets of 40/40 one handed and two handed swings. Another mini victory was talking myself to stay with those one handed swings for the whole time using a 30lber!!!! I am going to feel it in the morning, but aside from my RKS workouts, I am taking the intensity down for the 5 miler race this Saturday. I want to be pretty rested. As for the remainder of my strength workout
   Standing V-Raise 4x12@8lbs
   Pull ups 3x8
   Rear Flyes 3x12@8lb
   Chest Press 3x10@20lbs
   Chest Flye 3x12 @12lbs

As you can see from my layout I played around with the look of the blog. I made the blog title pick with random pics I took over the year thus far, except that purple one was from my first race back in 2010. The kettlebell is my new 53lber I got used at play it again sports, and of course my power tower that I got on Black Friday from play it again for half off brand new!Plus you get to see the face behind the ramblings.

Well going to get sleep. RKS and some lighter strength in the am. GN