Saturday, August 9, 2014

No creative title today..letting it be...

So I didn't workout on Wednesday...well I have been doing a lot of yoga whether on my own with a dvd, but let's not count that as a "workout". Yoga has been the essential survival tool with stress lately.

Thursday I did Wednesday's workout plus the planned light strength for glutes. I did 1.75 mile run (with two hills) and then did 3 hill repeats for the beast hill in front of my house. This was later in the afternoon after my morning workout of power and light strength. Power was swings @35lb bell 4x20 and Cleans @30lb 3x6, 1x5 each side. Side plank 20 seconds each side for 4 sets, rear attitude leg lift 4x20 each leg, knee extensions 4x20 with band (same as Monday's except I added more sets)

Friday's workout was the same as Tuesdays except I played around with sets and rep time. I felt good doing more power and since I did hills the day before I cut back on the lower body work a tad (hill repeats are good for strength as well as regular resistance training)


 snatch with 25lb bell 5x5 es
squats 30lb bell 3x12
1 leg deadlifts 30lb bell 3x10 es
firewalkers 2x32 steps

pull ups 1x8, 3x10
rear fly 12lbs 4x10
chest press @x25lbs 4x10
push ups 4x12

side leg raise 3x20 es
glute bridge 3x20
pullovers 20lb kettlebell 4x12

This morning was raining pretty bad so no run. Instead I went a little new agey with Yoga Booty Ballet Booty. Last night I did Raviana Kundalini Yoga so I am finding a little inner spiritual strength with these workouts. If it is not raining as hard tomorrow I may do my long distance run.

Sometimes it is not a matter of sticking to the schedule, but how you can still get things done with a little flexibility. I hope to take that part in my training and my life.